Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Music Friends

Today i finally had my piano audition. the teacher liked my playing, set me up with a teacher for for 1st semester, and granted me an access card to check out practice room keys. after the audition i met 7 korean yonsei students my age or a little older (so far ive met mainly japenese students studying korean like me - because their grammer paralells korean), 6 of which play piano extraordinarily. We spent 6 hours together thereafter - in a practice room showing some skills at the keys, eating ramyon near the world cup stadium, and speaking broken english or korean respectively over some korean goodies at the swulchip (a korean bar). they were overflowing with welcoming generosity. the truest definition of friendiness. they also helped me tremendously with the korean language and will continue to do so im sure. in class i learn high societal forms built in the words (polite and formal style), but they taught a little bit of how friends speak to one another. almost a completely different language!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home