Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Piano Exam

So last Friday I took my piano exam. The week leading up to it i put most things aside and practiced maybe an average of 7 hours each day. But Tuesday before taking it i made the mistake of cliping my fingernails. My folly resulted in the fingernails partly wanting to tear from my newly sensative skin. The tension of a fingernail tearing from the finger is not a pleasant one. I amended the problem thanks to some korean friends who introduced me to paper tape. i duly applied it, and indeed it lessened the blow.

The exam itself is in actual fact quite short, a mere 12 minutes of heart pounding...umm, im distracted by the girl next to me in the PC room eyeing herself up with a webcam for the most appealing photo she can possibly get, preparing for chating i suppose. Well, anyway, students are required to prepare 30 minutes of music. I myself prepared maybe 40 minutes, 8 pieces, and they could only hear the beginings of 6.

I entered the cool large room and after a bow (not a performance bow, a traditional bow of respect) towards the 7 or so distantly seated Yonsei piano faculty, I seated myself at the piano...

...I think it went well. Despite all of the practice, there's still things to work on. but im proud of the climactic push.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

I came across your blog while looking at St Olaf's website for study abroad (I will be applying there this fall). As I am interested in Korea and hope to live there for a while some day, I read through your blog in the hopes to gain some insight.
As a pianist myself, I was wondering if you could tell me about St Olaf's piano program, and how you got to study piano in Korea (and whether you liked the program there).

Thanks a lot,
Victoria Rose

August 12, 2009 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home