Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Pollution and Exercise

I don't believe ive ever seen a korean jogging around seoul. But occasionally I go against the grain and jog in the city at night. The problem is that no matter where you go in the city you'll be hard pressed to find a breath of fresh air. Whenever inclined to take a deep breath one is inevitably met with a putrid whiff of poop (maybe falty, old sewer systems?), cigerate smoke, traffic exaust, fresh throwup, rotting garbage composting on the sidewalk, or worse yet, a combination therein. So while im running i ponder whether or not im benifiting my health or afflicting my helpless lungs. in the end im forced to clasp my lips thereby blocking the mouth's airway to the trachea, and soley focus breathing through my inborn mini-filter: the nose. but since the nose is seemlessly bound to the olfactory capacity, my filter idea requires that i also endure the frequent pungency. i wonder if this polluted double edged sword is what deters koreans from running fanaticism.

Needless to say, I greatly look forward to some fresh air back at home.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in regards to the pollution...

And for all this, nature is never spent;
There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs-

from God's Grandeur by Gerard Manley Hopkins

Anon,
Keturah

October 23, 2004 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posts like yours help to re-energize me and keep me looking; even though this post is not an exact match for what i have been looking for, i.e mortgage loans , I will continue my search and hope to find more gems like this. Keep up the good work

July 16, 2006 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far, two people have come out and said they think that Day By Day is at least sometimes funny. Neither has provided any physical evidence of this. so please have a look at cheap life insurance

August 08, 2006 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cozy place to visit!
- kernelsfromkorea.blogspot.com 7
spaghetti alla carbonara

December 29, 2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home